The candidate must be able to work with various customer and internal stakeholders to manage projects, monitor status and provide full transparency. Creativity, self-driven, problem solving and attention to detail are valuable traits of a successful candidate.
- Plan and manage multiple complex technical projects
- Act as a technical consultant and engineering project coordinator.
- Analyzes requirements by evaluating customer business needs and technical requirements and develops them into a finished working deliverable in coordination with engineering staff.
- Proactively identify problems on projects or plans. Seek input from appropriate internal or customer stakeholders. Anticipate the needs, risks, and challenges of your projects.
- Develop creative and practical solutions based on the evaluation of multiple factors.
- Accepts ownership of tasks, can independently drive to completion, and seek the guidance of more senior team members as needed.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for project needs such as remote hands and services turn up.
- Participate actively in knowledge-sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences, and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Question proposed solutions until you understand the actual problem that needs to be solved.
- Assist with level of effort breakdown estimates for facilitating Statements of Work or Change Orders to Clients
- Deliver value by leading project teams and by driving effective collaboration with team members, internal or customer stakeholders, and other Project Managers.
- Identify functional and non-functional requirements (In Scope/Out of Scope)
- Validate requirements with customer stakeholders.
- Recommend improvements to established business processes while continuing to deliver high value in execution.
- Implement technical solutions (proof of concepts/pilots, or production-ready systems) to meet or to prove the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge transfer to new team members, provide technical directions, and help other team members.
- Lead/participate in stand-ups, planning, kick-off meetings, retrospectives, and presenting team progress to leadership and customers.
- Abide by strict change management, policies both internal and external.
- Ensure appropriate project milestones are billed properly.
- Track and report on project resource metrics to include budget and engineering resource allocations
- Coordinate with other departments to guarantee proper handoff to Support (NOC or MNS).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Project/Program or Engineering Manager, and/or experience as a senior engineer leading projects
- PMP certification strongly encouraged
- Technical understanding/background in Cisco Viptela, Fortinet FortiGate SD-WAN, Palo Alto Prisma, AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus.
- Consulting experience (via Contractor, Independent, VAR, etc.)
- Experience leading enterprise technical implementations
- Passion for new technology solutions
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com